After 18 days without Internet I am back online. A new cable wire needed installing and that required planning permissions and a big fat side of patience. I’ve been sewing away and really can’t wait to show you what I’ve been up to. But before I do I have to share where I went wrong with fitting Darling.
Initially the bodice was too small. I cut out a new one (not leaving enough fabric for sleeves, hence the sleeveless version shown here). And I added some ease. Way too much of it. But here’s the kicker…I then took away a wee bit too much. D’oh! But I’ve settled on a nice measurement that should be just right. I’ve also decided to lower the darts because they look quite strange on me as is.
Thank goodness for cardigans. It manages to hide all the imperfections and makes this muslin wearable.
Fitting this dress has fueled my persistence. I refuse to set it aside until I am happy with the results. And I am okay with that. I have seen some lovely versions of Darling, and *stamps foot* I want one too! I bought a beautiful grape purple poplin that should work perfectly for the final (please let it be the final) version. But I won’t cut into it until after my fitting class. Yes, this pattern has driven me back into the classroom! And I am looking forward to it.