That’s what I thought as I sat across from a friend yesterday, wearing my second Sencha (wearable-ish) muslin. Using some spotty poly fabric I picked up in Birmingham I put together the shirt a couple of days ago. Initially while wearing it I thought it felt okay but the longer I had it on the more I thought something was off.
For this muslin I shaved an inch from the neckline and left out the facings, using bias binding instead to finish the neckline. I also (accidentally, d’oh!) hemmed the sleeves a bit more than what the directions called for.
Even though the shirt closes okay in the back the fit still feels awkward. I’m really glad that I decided to wear it about to confirm my doubts and figure out what exactly was bugging me: tight sleeves, short length and lack of ease.
For the final version I will definitely widen the sleeves, lengthen it and grade the pattern up a bit. And maybe take the suggestions from others and do version 3.
That keyhole is super cute and I found that I have enough of a Liberty fabric to make it with. Score!