…of Butterick B5605. I cannot wrap my head around how to put together the kimono sleeve. I was hoping to be done with it by now but instead all the cut pieces sit on a chair, teasing me. I think I am going to skip the bodice for now and work on the skirt. For my confidence’s sake I need to be able to construct something before giving the bodice another go.
So the patterns I ordered in May are definitely M.I.A. So I am calling it, rest in peace: Butterick B5613, Butterick B6837, Butterick B4132, Butterick B5610 , Butterick B5383, Butterick B5489. Hope who ever has you needed you more than I did.
So with that pattern issue over with I have been able to keep my eyes open for cheap and cheerful patterns. My husband and I ventured to York this past weekend and I found some patterns that are a bit…um…classic. Others (Colette patterns) I fell in love with through reading about them in sewing blogs and had to order them after getting a 20% off coupon. So I present to you my updated Clothes to Sew list:
1. Burda 4585: A beautiful dress shirt and big girl friendly 🙂 Think I will make this minus the shoulder pads.
2. Burda 4808: I have some gorgeous dark red jersey that will make an excellent comfy T. No big prints allowed for this pattern.
3. Burda 5375: More dress than shirt. More button hole practice.
4. Simplicity 7907 (does not show well in picture): This pattern is not in my size. I am hoping that my ‘Fit for Real People’ book will help me sort that out.
4. New Look 6230: A nice easy long dress. Won’t be making the waistcoat.
5. Butterick 5556: More kimono sleeves. Oy.
6. Colette 1015/Violet: Colette provides amazing tutorials and instructions. There’s no wonder why I dove in and bought a bunch after Sarai offered readers 20% off if they filled out a survey.
7. Colette 1005/Beignet: I fell in LOVE with the denim version made by Tilly so I will be making one in a dark denim with some pretty Liberty buttons I plan to make as well.
8. Colette 1013/Crepe
9. Colette 1008/ Oolong
10. Colette 1007/Sencha
11. Colette 1006/Rooibos: Can not wait for the sew-a-long next month.
12. Colette 1016/Ginger: Seeing Jane’s version convinced me to get it. I wasn’t too sure but hers looked too sweet not to want one for myself.
So there’s my updated list. I think I will stick to making the beginner level patterns and work my way up to the intermediate ones. That’s the plan once I get done with B5605. I refuse to put it aside. I have to finish it, even if it comes out a bit wonky 🙂